WE ARE CURRENTLY BUILDING THE COURSE, IT IS NOT READY YET! PREPAYMENT IS POSSIBLE, WE ARE LAUNCHING SOON.
Are you researching Christian ancestors?
Would you like to know every possible thing about them written in the church registers?
Then you will probably need Latin
Scared of learning Latin? You shouldn’t be.
This is no regular school, no need to conjugate every verb in every tense!
Our principles are
All you need, but no more – Just the words (or later grammar) you need to understand church register entries
No need to learn all words by heart – You can download the word lists as pdf files and use them as a dictionary
Student Dedication – we answer all your questions in the Q & A session, no insecurity about your ancestor’s profession anymore
Small portions, lots of examples – Gain confidence in reading Latin church records
In this 6 week course we will cover
ALL the Latin words you need to understand church register entries.
Not more, not less.
What you will get:
- 7 thematic word lists as dowloadable pdf
- a lot of examples taken from real church registers
- Q & A session in the last week, so you have no unanswered questions
The 7 thematic word lists contain
- 64 words for family relationships
- 66 words of marriage registers
- 68 words of birth registers
- 103 words of the date
- 213 words of death registers
- 373 word for status, condition and professions
- 140 other words in church registers
Subscribe to our newsletter and learn more about your ancestors than indexed name and date.
Topics from reading Latin, German and Hungarian manuscripts to genealogy, research and heraldry.